Monday, April 30, 2012

Crackers that taste like GOLD FISH

So I had some really good pictures of how to make the dough but I had the incorrect memory card in my camera. BOO.

But i have some good photos of after the dough was chilled to the final product

Recipe

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
6 0z (1 1/2 cups coarsely grated cheese) a orange kind
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
4 table spoons cold cut up butter

I use block cheese and used the shredding blade in my food processor.  I must say that if you grate the 6 ounce block of cheese in the processor it will look like a lot more then a cup and a half, YOU need it all. When I finished mine the cheese pretty much filled the food processor. I take out the cheese and put the original blade back in.   Put the cheese back in, add all the other ingredients and just turn on the machine.  It will take roughly 3 minutes to form a ball. Per Lexi girl the machine is TOO LOUD. But she found it interesting that it went from shredded cheese to a ball of dough.

Chill from anywhere to half hour to overnight or tell when your ready to roll it out.

DO NOT grease your pan, the butter and cheese will make them non stick. My first 2 trays i forgot and they kinda fried in the grease spray. No biggy Lexi girl still ate them.

The next tray i rolled a little thicker and they turned out much better,  Not supper crunchy and not like a soft cookie. In the middle.

 Dough after chilled, cut into 4's.
 Whole wheat flour on work surface.
 BOO BOO tray, I sprayed and they basically fried in oven :(  live and learn
 BOO BOO tray cooling
 Lexi girl really does not mind that there super crunchy.
 Left is 2nd attempt no spray and a bit thicker, Right is from BOO BOO tray.
 Good stuff
This was from the last amount of dough, i made strips for tuna fish, use this to eat it with instead of bread!

By all means, play around with the spices, and if you don't want so much wheat flour, I cant tell the difference. But you can do 1/2 cup wheat flour and 1/4 cup white flour if you like.

Store in an air tight container for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment