Monday, November 28, 2016

Reindeer Bulb Ornament 2016

We are continuing making our handmade ornaments, I am hopeing one a day up until Christmas so we shall see.

I found this inspiration on Pinterest, I believe they also got the idea from Micheal's Arts and Crafts Store, CLICK HERE for details.

Here are the supplies we will be using, granted I only needed to purchase one bag of filler but it was only $1 from the Target $1 spot.

I also got out some sparkly red pom poms which Alivia used and me and Alexis decided to go with red pom pom.
 We started off by taking the top of the ornament bulb and filling it with the brown crunchy filler paper.

You can also substitute brown pom poms, or even cut up some brown construction paper.

Put the tops back on the bulb when your done.
Using a hot glue gun, I held the bulb and applied the glue and the girls added the nose and eyes.

Alivias bulb with the sparkly pom pom.
Alexis bulb with the traditional red pom pom.
 OK so I wanted to make sure the antlers come off all the time and get lost so I added a small dab of glue to the front and added the pipe cleaner, then I added a small dab in the back and wrapped it arouind the back.
 I cut a additional pipe cleaner into four equal pieces.

I think a brown sparkly pipe cleaner would be neat too along with a brown pom pom or sparkly brown pom pom.
 I put the cut pipe cleaner behind the ear and wrapped around the antler, pulling tight.
 I added some cute ribbon that the girls picked out and also used a permenant marker to add their name and year to the back.
 Alivias ornament, we trimmed her antlers just a bit per her request.
Alexis ornament, she left her antlers long per her request.












All the other materials I purchase at my local Micheal's Arts and Crafts Store.
I purchased the brown filler at the Target $1 Spot.

Micheal’s brand is called Recollections

their website is http://www.michaels.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment